Just a couple thoughts on the night before a new school year. Trust me when I say teachers get nervous too, but mostly excited!
Source
"Teaching is an exhausting job. I did not, however, expect to be emotionally exhausted. I suppose the easiest way out of this dilemma would be to make myself emotionally unavailable to my students . . . Not this teacher. This teacher can't help but share in some of these emotional moments. I can't turn off a portion of myself when I walk into the classroom. It's either all of me or nothing. "
Allison L. Baer
Source
"Teaching is an exhausting job. I did not, however, expect to be emotionally exhausted. I suppose the easiest way out of this dilemma would be to make myself emotionally unavailable to my students . . . Not this teacher. This teacher can't help but share in some of these emotional moments. I can't turn off a portion of myself when I walk into the classroom. It's either all of me or nothing. "
Allison L. Baer
2 comments:
Kasey- I love the first grade blog but to be honest it makes me totally homesick (is that the right word) for Rosamond and teaching!!! Good luck on your first day! Hope everything is going great for ya!
Love this. Need to steal, I mean borrow.
Post a Comment