Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 21 - A Favorite Recipe

Try it. You won't be sorry.

Baked Potato Soup

2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup butter
7 cups milk
4 - 6 large baked potatoes
4 green onions
1 package bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Melt butter. Stir in flour. Add milk. Stir constantly until thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Stir in cheese.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

I have thought about asking you for this recipe for a long time. I have a second rate recipe and I almost gag every time I eat it because it's not nearly as good as yours. Yay!! :)

Elisabeth said...

You titled that wrong...It's Baked Potato Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I second this one. I still love this soup! Bring on the bacon!